Virtual Winter 2020
Date: Thursday November 19th, 2020
Map Link and Directions: This is a virtual event
Parking: This is a virtual event.
TCOUG Check In: Join the meeting!
Wifi : Wherever you are working from for the day.
SODA + JSON in Oracle (Autonomous JSON) Database
10:00AM CST Opening note by TCOUG President, Suresh Sikharam
10:05AM CST Message from our Sponsor - Collier IT
10:15AM CST SODA + JSON in Oracle (Autonomous JSON) Database:
Matthew O'Keefe , Vice President, Technologist, Database engineering, Oracle Corp
Beda Hammerschmidt, Architect, Oracle Database Development
Features,use cases and why developers love it (and DBAs, too)
JSON has gained a lot of popularity: initially just a data interchange format for web applications, now it's THE data model for modern applications - including databases. Learn what the JSON buzz is all about, when it makes sense to use JSON (and when better not) and how to unleash the power of JSON with Oracle database and the latest cloud service: Autonomous JSON Database.
11:05AM CST Breakout Session – Participants will be randomly assigned to the Breakout Rooms for networking.
11:15AM CST Continued... SODA + JSON in Oracle (Autonomous JSON) Database by - Beda Hammerschmidt/Matthew O'Keefe
12:05PM CST Closing note by the TCOUG President, Suresh Sikharam
About the Speakers
Beda Hammerschmidt - Oracle Corp.
- Primary author of JSON functional spec and main contact for QA (functional/performance/security), doc writers, product management and other groups using the new JSON feature.
- Added new JSON operators to the Oracle SQL engine allowing the extraction and projection of JSON into rows/columns to enable relational processing of JSON data (e.g. warehousing).
- Designed and implemented a new path/predicate evaluation engine for SQL/JSON path language. Implemented key features for XML Index: resource locking, error detection/resolution, table sharing for efficient storage, import/export, metadata consistency after DDL.
- Added various optimizations to the XML to SQL rewrite component leading to drastically improved query execution for industry benchmarks. Designed and implemented a multi-phased analyzer for XML query optimization which identifies and reports un-optimized constructs.
- Author of 15+ patents for XML and JSON data management, Sigmod 2014 paper.
Matthew O'Keefe -
Vice President and Corporate Technologist, Database Engineering, Oracle Corp.
Suresh Sikharam -
Sr. Data Architect, Self Esteem Brands.
I have over 20 years of experience in Developing, Architecting, performance tuning Oracle and SQL applications.
Managed people and lead technical teams in both software development and CI/CD space using Puppet.
Designed, developed and extended data models both in OLTP and OLAP environments.